Monday, August 7, 2017

Very bad behaviour by photographers must be stopped

A picture says a thousand words, so they say. It is not flattery when the picture saying so many words is about you and it does not project you in a positive light. Former South African Reserve Bank governor Tito Mboweni was accused of being "over-sensitive" “unreasonable” and “unfair” after he had barred press photographers from attending the announcement of the repo rate decision.
Mboweni, who has made it to the list of South African, that have had songs coined after, had beef with photographers because they had behaved “very badly”
Their very bad behaviour was that of “taking pictures when I was wiping off my sweat”, he was quoted as saying.





As u Gqugqugqu, Dukanamahlathi, Qhinebe, uMkhomazi Omhle, I never thought I will fall prey to this very bad behaviour. Handsomeness is something that I am born with, it is inherited by each generation of aMakhomazi. But to my shock and disbelief, those who carry the long-lensed machinery found a way to Mboweni me by taking a picture of me in action and it does not say a thousand wonderful words. Now I understand what the former governor felt like many moons ago, these photographers are tjatjarag and out of order.

I salute Mr Mboweni for seeing the negative impact caused by photographers earlier, he was not being over-sensitive" “unreasonable” and “unfair”, he was just protecting his image. To you Tito Mboweni, I say “sha sha”.

No comments: